NQUEC conducts dive trips in various formats; from chartering commercial operators to provide all the necessary transport and dive services, to running entire trips ourselves ‘in-house’ using our own resources and club equipment. For these in-house trips, NQUEC owns and operates a range of equipment which allows us to dive from remote locations. For example, our portable breathing air compressor gives members the ability to conduct multi-day repetitive diving, and our safety gear and communal camping equipment helps ensure our trips are safe and comfortable.
Club equipment includes:
- Bauer Oceanus petrol-driven air compressor.
- 3.0m Polycraft Tuff Tender with 6hp 4-stroke motor.
- Air cylinders.
- Emergency oxygen kit with D size bottle.
- In-water GPS radios.
- Personal Locator Beacon.
- First aid kit.
- 7m x 5m custom made tarpaulin.
- Camping equipment (such as; folding table, cooking gear, hot plate, water jerries, lighting).